Future Foams supplies polyurethane foam slabs for various applications. Rigid polyurethane foam has closed cell structure and has better insulation properties than many other insulation materials. It is widely used in building cold rooms and for insulation of piping and tanks in industrial / mining applications. Heat generated from curing fiberglass does not affect polyurethane foam thus enabling fiberglass lamination.
Polyurethane foam is also widely used for marine buoyancy. One cubic meter of 35 kg/M³ polyurethane foam would have a positive buoyancy of 965 kg. Rigid polyurethane foam is used extensively by sculptors and artisans to create shapes as it can be easily carved, sanded in to difficult shapes quickly.
Full block is 600 mm high. You can order any thickness up to 600 mm.
- Must wear goggles, gloves, dust mask and protective clothing.
- R Value calculations is for PIR 45 kg at 1 for every 21.5 mm thickness.
- R Value calculations is for PU 35 kg at 1 for every 23 mm thickness.
- Termite, White ant and mould proof.
- No water absorption.
- Compressive Strength @ 10% deformation is 360 kg.
- PIR is classified as Fire Resistance group 2.
- PIR will still burn but self extinguishes.
- PUR is not fire resistant at all.
- Does not emit ozone depleting gasses
- Can be cut with a handsaw.
- Can be provided in cut lengths in sheet size quantities